Man acquitted in domestic assault trialOctober 24,2013Man acquitted of
BENNINGTON — A local man was acquitted of a felony count of domestic assault after a jury trial Wednesday.
Dana J. Pratt, 21, was arraigned in July in Bennington criminal court on a felony count of second-degree aggravated domestic assault, as well as misdemeanor counts of unlawful mischief and unlawful trespass onto property.
The jury found Pratt innocent of all charges Wednesday.
Police said a woman reported July 16 that Pratt had threatened her with a hammer, tied her wrists with a scarf and broke items in her home.
The woman had been in a seven-year relationship with Pratt and they have a child together.
Pratt still has pending charges of violating conditions of probation after his conviction for a 2012 domestic assault against the same woman in the July 16 incident. He is due back in court in November.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.