Facing technical difficulties, UVM extends early application deadlineOctober 22,2013Staff Report
BURLINGTON - The University of Vermont will extend its early application and spring semester application deadline from Nov. 1 to Nov. 11.
The change is due to widely reported technical challenges students and school counselors are experiencing with the new version of the online Common Application.
UVM said its goal is to ensure that students applying to the University of Vermont will not be penalized because of technical problems with the application. Extending the deadline will allow students additional time to work with the new application and avoid the high-volume use that is expected around Nov. 1.
The application fee waiver for students applying early action for fall 2014 admission is still valid
through Nov. 11. Prospective students are also reminded that supporting information for the application - such as transcripts, test scores or letters of recommendation - may be sent after the application deadline.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.