Facing technical difficulties, UVM extends early application deadlineOctober 22,2013Staff Report
BURLINGTON - The University of Vermont will extend its early application and spring semester application deadline from Nov. 1 to Nov. 11.
The change is due to widely reported technical challenges students and school counselors are experiencing with the new version of the online Common Application.
UVM said its goal is to ensure that students applying to the University of Vermont will not be penalized because of technical problems with the application. Extending the deadline will allow students additional time to work with the new application and avoid the high-volume use that is expected around Nov. 1.
The application fee waiver for students applying early action for fall 2014 admission is still valid
through Nov. 11. Prospective students are also reminded that supporting information for the application - such as transcripts, test scores or letters of recommendation - may be sent after the application deadline.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.