Facing technical difficulties, UVM extends early application deadlineOctober 22,2013Staff Report
BURLINGTON - The University of Vermont will extend its early application and spring semester application deadline from Nov. 1 to Nov. 11.
The change is due to widely reported technical challenges students and school counselors are experiencing with the new version of the online Common Application.
UVM said its goal is to ensure that students applying to the University of Vermont will not be penalized because of technical problems with the application. Extending the deadline will allow students additional time to work with the new application and avoid the high-volume use that is expected around Nov. 1.
The application fee waiver for students applying early action for fall 2014 admission is still valid
through Nov. 11. Prospective students are also reminded that supporting information for the application - such as transcripts, test scores or letters of recommendation - may be sent after the application deadline.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.