Police warn of suspicious manOctober 19,2013Police warn of
SPRINGFIELD — Police are asking for information about a suspicious man who approached a girl at Riverside Middle School on Thursday.
The unidentified man reportedly approached a girl who was in the school’s parking area Thursday afternoon. The girl told police the man asked her questions and she became frightened and fled into the school.
The girl and a witness described the man as being of medium height with short brown hair, a dark-colored hood and outer garments and dark-colored pants.
The man reportedly looked dirty with “ratty-looking’’ clothes.
The man was driving an older model four-door sedan with light brown or tan license plates.
Anyone who was at the middle school between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Thursday and saw the man is asked to call police at 885-2113.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.