Police warn of suspicious manOctober 19,2013Police warn of
SPRINGFIELD — Police are asking for information about a suspicious man who approached a girl at Riverside Middle School on Thursday.
The unidentified man reportedly approached a girl who was in the school’s parking area Thursday afternoon. The girl told police the man asked her questions and she became frightened and fled into the school.
The girl and a witness described the man as being of medium height with short brown hair, a dark-colored hood and outer garments and dark-colored pants.
The man reportedly looked dirty with “ratty-looking’’ clothes.
The man was driving an older model four-door sedan with light brown or tan license plates.
Anyone who was at the middle school between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Thursday and saw the man is asked to call police at 885-2113.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.