Police: Robbery of Vt. couple was set upOctober 17,2013The Associated Press
THETFORD - Vermont State Police say a couple robbed at gunpoint in an acquaintance's driveway had been lured there.
Police said Caitlyn and Chris Burnham of Bradford were visiting with McKayla Jordan in Thetford. The three were in the Burnhams' car when two masked men came out of the woods and pointed a handgun at Chris Burnham. They left with his wallet and about $1,000.
The Burnhams told police that despite the masks, they were able to identify both men.
Police later arrested 28-year-old Buddy Covey of Bradford and 42-year-old Jamie Lussier of Croydon, N.H., on charges of assault and robbery. They were being arraigned Thursday.
They said the 24-year-old Jordan will appear in court at a later date.MORE IN This Just InJust days before his crusade with cancer was lost, Sgt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.