Police: Robbery of Vt. couple was set upOctober 17,2013The Associated Press
THETFORD - Vermont State Police say a couple robbed at gunpoint in an acquaintance's driveway had been lured there.
Police said Caitlyn and Chris Burnham of Bradford were visiting with McKayla Jordan in Thetford. The three were in the Burnhams' car when two masked men came out of the woods and pointed a handgun at Chris Burnham. They left with his wallet and about $1,000.
The Burnhams told police that despite the masks, they were able to identify both men.
Police later arrested 28-year-old Buddy Covey of Bradford and 42-year-old Jamie Lussier of Croydon, N.H., on charges of assault and robbery. They were being arraigned Thursday.
They said the 24-year-old Jordan will appear in court at a later date.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.