Police: Robbery of Vt. couple was set upOctober 17,2013The Associated Press
THETFORD - Vermont State Police say a couple robbed at gunpoint in an acquaintance's driveway had been lured there.
Police said Caitlyn and Chris Burnham of Bradford were visiting with McKayla Jordan in Thetford. The three were in the Burnhams' car when two masked men came out of the woods and pointed a handgun at Chris Burnham. They left with his wallet and about $1,000.
The Burnhams told police that despite the masks, they were able to identify both men.
Police later arrested 28-year-old Buddy Covey of Bradford and 42-year-old Jamie Lussier of Croydon, N.H., on charges of assault and robbery. They were being arraigned Thursday.
They said the 24-year-old Jordan will appear in court at a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.