Elizabeth B. Shedd RitesOctober 17,2013Elizabeth B. Shedd Rites
BRANDON — The funeral service for Betty Shedd, 90, who died Oct. 10, 2013, was held Tuesday, Oct. 15, at the Wallingford Aldous Funeral Home.
Her nephew, Bradford Shedd, officiated.
Bearers were Julie Scribner, George Scribner, David Munson, Bob Allen and Jerry Benoit.
Burial followed at the Danby Scottsville Cemetery.
A reception was held at the Wallingford Rotary Building.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Addison County Home Health and Hospice or the Brandon Area Rescue Squad.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?