Folk and blues fest set for LudlowOctober 09,2013LUDLOW — The first annual Black River Folk and Blues Fest is set for Saturday at the Town Hall Auditorium.
The event put on by the Friends of Ludlow Auditorium is set for 7 p.m. and features four blues and folk music groups.
The four groups are the Chris Kleeman Band, Gypsy Reel, The Break Maids, and Rusty Belle.
“I don’t think we’ve ever seen this great a collection of talented folk and blues musicians on the same stage for the same performance in my memory,” program director Bruce Farr said in a release announcing the event.
Tickets for the event can be bought online at www.fola.com or in Ludlow at the Peoples United Bank, The Book Nook, The Wine and Cheese Depot, and at the door.
Tickets are $15 per person.
For more information, go to www.fola.us or call 228-7239.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?