Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 07,2013Crash leads
to DUI charge
ROYALTON – A Bethel woman escaped injury, but not a criminal citation, following an early morning accident that totaled her car Sunday on North Road.
Vermont State Police, who were summoned to the scene of the one-car crash by 23-year-old Sarah Goobic shortly before 4 a.m. Sunday, said they later arrested Goobic for drunken driving.
According to police, Goobic lost control of the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt she was driving and the car went off the road and overturned. It was destroyed, they said.
Goobic, who police said was unhurt, called for assistance from a nearby home and informed police of the crash.
When they arrived at the scene, police said they determined Goobic had been driving under the influence of alcohol and took her into custody. She was later released on a citation to appear at the criminal courthouse in White River Junction on Oct. 22.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation