Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 07,2013Crash leads
to DUI charge
ROYALTON – A Bethel woman escaped injury, but not a criminal citation, following an early morning accident that totaled her car Sunday on North Road.
Vermont State Police, who were summoned to the scene of the one-car crash by 23-year-old Sarah Goobic shortly before 4 a.m. Sunday, said they later arrested Goobic for drunken driving.
According to police, Goobic lost control of the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt she was driving and the car went off the road and overturned. It was destroyed, they said.
Goobic, who police said was unhurt, called for assistance from a nearby home and informed police of the crash.
When they arrived at the scene, police said they determined Goobic had been driving under the influence of alcohol and took her into custody. She was later released on a citation to appear at the criminal courthouse in White River Junction on Oct. 22.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?