Crash leads to DUI chargeOctober 07,2013Crash leads
to DUI charge
ROYALTON – A Bethel woman escaped injury, but not a criminal citation, following an early morning accident that totaled her car Sunday on North Road.
Vermont State Police, who were summoned to the scene of the one-car crash by 23-year-old Sarah Goobic shortly before 4 a.m. Sunday, said they later arrested Goobic for drunken driving.
According to police, Goobic lost control of the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt she was driving and the car went off the road and overturned. It was destroyed, they said.
Goobic, who police said was unhurt, called for assistance from a nearby home and informed police of the crash.
When they arrived at the scene, police said they determined Goobic had been driving under the influence of alcohol and took her into custody. She was later released on a citation to appear at the criminal courthouse in White River Junction on Oct. 22.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.