2 Canadian men killed in Vermont crashThe Associated Press | October 07,2013BERLIN - Vermont State Police are investigating a crash that killed two young men from Canada.
Police say 23-year-old Nicolas Munn of Mont Royal, Quebec, was driving north on Interstate 89 in Berlin Sunday afternoon when he lost control of his car and crashed into a series of rock ledges. Both he and his passenger, 21-year-old Timothy Pirro of Laval, Quebec, died of their injuries.
Police say the crash happened during a steady rain, and there was standing water on parts of the roadway.MORE IN This Just InTORONTO — Pinch-hitter Danny Valencia had a go-ahead, three-run homer in the seventh inning,... Full StoryMan faces counts Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.