Sterling College in Vt to inaugurate new presidentThe Associated Press | October 05,2013CRAFTSBURY — Sterling College is inaugurating its new president.
Matthew Derr will be inaugurated today as the 11th president of the state’s smallest four-year college.
Derr had served as interim president of Antioch College in Ohio, where he led an alumni capital campaign that raised about $15 million to revive the school, which reopened last year. He also developed an education model centered on food, water, health, energy and governance issues.
Before joining Sterling in August, he was a fellow at the Great Lakes College Association.
The inauguration takes place at 4 p.m. at the school in Craftsbury Common and will be followed by a community barbecue.MORE IN Vermont NewsBARRE — Republican Scott Milne promised to steer the state away from Gov. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.