Sterling College in Vt to inaugurate new presidentThe Associated Press | October 05,2013CRAFTSBURY — Sterling College is inaugurating its new president.
Matthew Derr will be inaugurated today as the 11th president of the state’s smallest four-year college.
Derr had served as interim president of Antioch College in Ohio, where he led an alumni capital campaign that raised about $15 million to revive the school, which reopened last year. He also developed an education model centered on food, water, health, energy and governance issues.
Before joining Sterling in August, he was a fellow at the Great Lakes College Association.
The inauguration takes place at 4 p.m. at the school in Craftsbury Common and will be followed by a community barbecue.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.