Apparent suicide raises concern from residentsOctober 04,2013Apparent suicide
MANCHESTER — Police responded Thursday morning to an apparent suicide at the Dana L. Thompson Memorial Park.
Police went to the park around 6:10 a.m. to investigate the death. The name of the person has not been released.
Town officials said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding this death and police believe there is no danger to the public or visitors to the park because of the incident.
Town Manager John O’Keefe said it was unusual for the town’s police department to make a public announcement for a suicide but some residents who had heard about the investigation or had seen the police presence were concerned about public safety.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturday’s event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation