Woman charged in crime spreeOctober 04,2013Woman charged
in burglary spree
ADDISON — Vermont State Police have cited a local woman for her role in a string of local burglaries.
Nicole M. Burgos, 29, is charged with possession of stolen property. Police said thousands of items taken in burglaries as far back as 2010 were found at the residence Burgos shared with Raymond R. Ritchie, who is also charged in the case.
Burgos is already facing a charge from a marijuana-cultivation operation police said they found while searching the property in the burglary investigation.
Police said she will be arraigned on the new charge during an Oct. 28 status conference on the marijuana charge.
Police said they are coming to the close of the investigation.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,