Woman charged in crime spreeOctober 04,2013Woman charged
in burglary spree
ADDISON — Vermont State Police have cited a local woman for her role in a string of local burglaries.
Nicole M. Burgos, 29, is charged with possession of stolen property. Police said thousands of items taken in burglaries as far back as 2010 were found at the residence Burgos shared with Raymond R. Ritchie, who is also charged in the case.
Burgos is already facing a charge from a marijuana-cultivation operation police said they found while searching the property in the burglary investigation.
Police said she will be arraigned on the new charge during an Oct. 28 status conference on the marijuana charge.
Police said they are coming to the close of the investigation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.