Women’s shelter gets $20k grantOctober 04,2013Women’s shelter
In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, The Mary Kay Foundation has awarded the Rutland County Women’s Network and Shelter a $20,000 grant for critical services and programs.
The shelter’s services include a 24/7 crisis hotline and emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
In 2012, it provided assistance to more than 2,000 women and 3,200 children through its crisis hotline and confidential services of advocacy, emergency shelter, counseling, education, and community referrals.
This year, the The Mary Kay Foundation awarded $3 million in grants to 150 domestic violence shelters in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation