Vt. town-village merger proposal tabledThe Associated Press | October 04,2013BELLOWS FALLS - A plan to merge the Vermont village of Bellows Falls with the town of Rockingham in 2014 has hit a delay.
The proposal would eliminate the Bellows Falls Village Corporation and the Board of Trustees, which would be turned over to the Rockingham Select Board.
Village services, such as police and fire departments, would continue to be supported by village residents through separate fees or taxes.
The Eagle Times reported that some committee members said the plan doesn't include any details on the financial impact of the merge. It also doesn't specify any benefits for the town or village.
Some Bellows Falls trustees felt the plan lacked enough information to bring it to a public hearing.
The proposal has been tabled for now.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation