Man accused of selling heroinOctober 02,2013Man denies
BENNINGTON — A Manchester resident who was one of the targets of a drug sweep Sept. 25 was arraigned Monday on a felony charge of selling heroin.
Daniel C. Reddan, 31, of Manchester, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to the charge as well as misdemeanor counts of heroin possession and driving with a suspended license. Reddan has other pending charges for driving with a suspended license as well.
In an affidavit, police said they had received reliable information that “Dan from Manchester” had “dog food” for sale April 9. The affidavit said “dog food” is slang for heroin.
Police arranged to have a “cooperating individual” buy 10 bags of heroin from Reddan at a parking lot in Bennington on April 9. Police were able to observe the sale and record it with a video camera, according to the affidavit.
Another target of the drug sweep, Edward Crandall Jr., 36, of Bennington, was involved in the sale, police said. Crandall was arrested and arraigned on Sept. 25. Reddan was released without bail Monday.MORE IN This Just InThe cameras appearing atop some city intersections are a new trigger system for the traffic signals. Full StoryA Hubbardton man charged with murdering two electricians who came to his rental home in February ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.