Man accused of selling heroinOctober 02,2013Man denies
BENNINGTON — A Manchester resident who was one of the targets of a drug sweep Sept. 25 was arraigned Monday on a felony charge of selling heroin.
Daniel C. Reddan, 31, of Manchester, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to the charge as well as misdemeanor counts of heroin possession and driving with a suspended license. Reddan has other pending charges for driving with a suspended license as well.
In an affidavit, police said they had received reliable information that “Dan from Manchester” had “dog food” for sale April 9. The affidavit said “dog food” is slang for heroin.
Police arranged to have a “cooperating individual” buy 10 bags of heroin from Reddan at a parking lot in Bennington on April 9. Police were able to observe the sale and record it with a video camera, according to the affidavit.
Another target of the drug sweep, Edward Crandall Jr., 36, of Bennington, was involved in the sale, police said. Crandall was arrested and arraigned on Sept. 25. Reddan was released without bail Monday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.