Man accused of selling heroinOctober 02,2013Man denies
BENNINGTON — A Manchester resident who was one of the targets of a drug sweep Sept. 25 was arraigned Monday on a felony charge of selling heroin.
Daniel C. Reddan, 31, of Manchester, pleaded innocent in Bennington criminal court to the charge as well as misdemeanor counts of heroin possession and driving with a suspended license. Reddan has other pending charges for driving with a suspended license as well.
In an affidavit, police said they had received reliable information that “Dan from Manchester” had “dog food” for sale April 9. The affidavit said “dog food” is slang for heroin.
Police arranged to have a “cooperating individual” buy 10 bags of heroin from Reddan at a parking lot in Bennington on April 9. Police were able to observe the sale and record it with a video camera, according to the affidavit.
Another target of the drug sweep, Edward Crandall Jr., 36, of Bennington, was involved in the sale, police said. Crandall was arrested and arraigned on Sept. 25. Reddan was released without bail Monday.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.