Thrift shop owner chargedOctober 02,2013Thrift shop owner
is facing charges
The owner of a thrift shop in Rutland will appear in court today to answer to a pair of criminal charges, according to city police.
Jon Bilodeau, 44, owner and operator of Sweet Revival on West Street will appear in Rutland criminal court today for arraignment on charges of receiving stolen property and unlawful mischief.
Police say Bilodeau is charged with knowingly receiving jewelry that was stolen during a burglary in the city. After receiving the jewelry, Bilodeau allegedly removed stones from their settings.
Sweet Revival specializes in buying and selling second-hand merchandise including electronics, clothes, jewelry and gold.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.