John E. FiddesSeptember 27,2013John E. Fiddes
ELMSFORD, N.Y. — John Eric Fiddes died unexpectedly on September 12, 2013.
He was born December 27, 1943 to Alice (Glenn) Fiddes and John Edward Fiddes.
He is survived by his sister Glenn Horgan, and husband David Horgan of Rutland, VT; his nieces, Brooke Pearson and husband John Crowley, Jr. of Larkspur, CA; and Robin Pearson of Newport, RI.
He worked at the Hudson Valley Motor Cycle Shop in Millwood, NY, as parts manager-buyer, maintaining a massive inventory.
His greatest interests were motorcycle racing, computers and gourmet cooking.
A Celebration of Life will be held at the Mansion, 139 N. Broadway, White Plains, NY, on Sunday, September 29, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.; (914) 949-1492.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Pets Alive West, 100 Warehouse Lane, So. Elmsford, NY 10523.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.