John E. FiddesSeptember 27,2013John E. Fiddes
ELMSFORD, N.Y. — John Eric Fiddes died unexpectedly on September 12, 2013.
He was born December 27, 1943 to Alice (Glenn) Fiddes and John Edward Fiddes.
He is survived by his sister Glenn Horgan, and husband David Horgan of Rutland, VT; his nieces, Brooke Pearson and husband John Crowley, Jr. of Larkspur, CA; and Robin Pearson of Newport, RI.
He worked at the Hudson Valley Motor Cycle Shop in Millwood, NY, as parts manager-buyer, maintaining a massive inventory.
His greatest interests were motorcycle racing, computers and gourmet cooking.
A Celebration of Life will be held at the Mansion, 139 N. Broadway, White Plains, NY, on Sunday, September 29, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.; (914) 949-1492.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Pets Alive West, 100 Warehouse Lane, So. Elmsford, NY 10523.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.