Berneice L. KelleySeptember 25,2013Berneice L. Kelley
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. — Berneice L. Kelley, 75, died Sept. 13, 2013, in Ocean Springs.
She was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Bennington, Vt., the daughter of Marion and Wilbur Mattison.
She lived in Ludlow, Vt., where she was a real estate agent and owned a consignment shop.
She moved to Ocean Springs, Miss., in 2012, and lived with her son, Dana.
Survivors include her children: Dana Kelley, Darren Kelley, Donald Kelley, Denise Dean, Diana Keffer, and Dawn Kelley; her sisters: Elaine Pulver and Betty Burdick; and more than 20 grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Dean Kelley; her longtime companion, Jim Merrill; a brother, Roger Mattison; and a sister, Micky.
A memorial service and burial will be held Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013, at 1 p.m. in Pleasantview Cemetery in Ludlow, Vt.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.