New charges filed in teacher murder caseTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | September 24,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — New charges have been filed against a couple accused of killing a St. Johnsbury teacher.
Allen and Patricia Prue already face murder charges in connection with the March 2012 death of 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins. Both have pleaded not guilty.
The new charges of conspiracy to commit murder and kidnapping were filed against the Prues last week by Caledonia County State’s Attorney Lisa Warren.
Prosecutors also filed charges on eight counts of possession of child pornography against Patricia Prue after finding multiple images on her laptop computer.
The Prues are accused of luring Jenkins from her Danville home, strangling her and dumping her body in the Connecticut River. Jenkins’ vehicle was found idling with her 2-year-old son inside.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.