New charges filed in teacher murder caseTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | September 24,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — New charges have been filed against a couple accused of killing a St. Johnsbury teacher.
Allen and Patricia Prue already face murder charges in connection with the March 2012 death of 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins. Both have pleaded not guilty.
The new charges of conspiracy to commit murder and kidnapping were filed against the Prues last week by Caledonia County State’s Attorney Lisa Warren.
Prosecutors also filed charges on eight counts of possession of child pornography against Patricia Prue after finding multiple images on her laptop computer.
The Prues are accused of luring Jenkins from her Danville home, strangling her and dumping her body in the Connecticut River. Jenkins’ vehicle was found idling with her 2-year-old son inside.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.