New charges filed in teacher murder caseTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS | September 24,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — New charges have been filed against a couple accused of killing a St. Johnsbury teacher.
Allen and Patricia Prue already face murder charges in connection with the March 2012 death of 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins. Both have pleaded not guilty.
The new charges of conspiracy to commit murder and kidnapping were filed against the Prues last week by Caledonia County State’s Attorney Lisa Warren.
Prosecutors also filed charges on eight counts of possession of child pornography against Patricia Prue after finding multiple images on her laptop computer.
The Prues are accused of luring Jenkins from her Danville home, strangling her and dumping her body in the Connecticut River. Jenkins’ vehicle was found idling with her 2-year-old son inside.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?