Leahy wants report
MONTPELIER Vermont U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy is leading an effort to call for a full-scale review with results made public of the use of surveillance by the U.S. intelligence community.
Leahy joined senators from both parties Monday in signing a letter to Charles McCullough, inspector general of the intelligence community.
The senators are asking for detailed information on the surveillance of Americans under federal law and any misuse of such authority during the last three years.
The Senate Judiciary Committee which Leahy chairs held a hearing on the topics in July and is planning another one next week.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but cant... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation