Police: Landlord swapped rent for sexSeptember 18,2013Police: Landlord
took sex for rent
WILDER ó A landlord is facing criminal charges for allegedly receiving sexual favors from a tenant in place of rent, police said.
Robert Lowery, 55, had been engaged in a long-running dispute with a tenant at his Horseshoe Avenue home, Hartford police said.
The Valley News reported that Lowery allegedly entered the tenantís apartment, damaged items and threw them onto the lawn.
Police said the investigation revealed that Lowery and the tenant, whom Police Chief Brad Vail said was an adult woman, had engaged in consensual sex in place of rent.
Lowery is charged with prohibited acts, a misdemeanor. He is also charged with burglary and unlawful mischief.
Police are also investigating the actions of the tenant, according to Vail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.