Proctor church seeks renderingSeptember 18,2013Prizes offered for
Proctor church art
PROCTOR — The Union Church of Proctor is offering a $250 prize to the high school or college student who creates the winning rendering of the church.
The contest is open to all artists enrolled in high school or college. Artists may work in any medium to create a rendering of the church building, so long as the rendering can be reproduced in black and white on church bulletins, letterhead, flyers and other church materials.
The Church Council of the Union Church of Proctor will select a jury to judge all submissions and select a winner and runner-up. The winning artist will receive $250. The runner-up will receive $150.
The deadline to enter is Oct. 18. Entries can be mailed to the church at 5 Church Street, Proctor, VT, 05765, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the contest, email the church or call 459-3624.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.