Proctor church seeks renderingSeptember 18,2013Prizes offered for
Proctor church art
PROCTOR — The Union Church of Proctor is offering a $250 prize to the high school or college student who creates the winning rendering of the church.
The contest is open to all artists enrolled in high school or college. Artists may work in any medium to create a rendering of the church building, so long as the rendering can be reproduced in black and white on church bulletins, letterhead, flyers and other church materials.
The Church Council of the Union Church of Proctor will select a jury to judge all submissions and select a winner and runner-up. The winning artist will receive $250. The runner-up will receive $150.
The deadline to enter is Oct. 18. Entries can be mailed to the church at 5 Church Street, Proctor, VT, 05765, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the contest, email the church or call 459-3624.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — With just days to go before the Democratic primaries, and a sitting governor and... Full StoryBOSTON — Red Sox manager John Farrell calls outfielder Rusney Castillo “an exciting, athletic... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Will Rutland Plywood rebuild? Depends on the insurance settlement; Kevin O'Connor reports from the late U.S. senator Jim Jeffords' Friday funeral; state maps strategy to reduce prescription drug abuse.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.