Proctor church seeks renderingSeptember 18,2013Prizes offered for
Proctor church art
PROCTOR — The Union Church of Proctor is offering a $250 prize to the high school or college student who creates the winning rendering of the church.
The contest is open to all artists enrolled in high school or college. Artists may work in any medium to create a rendering of the church building, so long as the rendering can be reproduced in black and white on church bulletins, letterhead, flyers and other church materials.
The Church Council of the Union Church of Proctor will select a jury to judge all submissions and select a winner and runner-up. The winning artist will receive $250. The runner-up will receive $150.
The deadline to enter is Oct. 18. Entries can be mailed to the church at 5 Church Street, Proctor, VT, 05765, or emailed to email@example.com.
For questions about the contest, email the church or call 459-3624.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.