2nd man charged in fatal ATV crashSeptember 18,2013The Associated Press
HINESBURG - A second Vermont man has been accused of providing alcohol to a teenager who was killed in an ATV crash in May.
Police say 27-year-old Patrick Poon of Williston bought alcohol for Clinton Norris, a 16-year-old Champlain Valley Union High School student. Norris was later found unconscious about a half-mile from his home in Hinesburg after taking out the ATV for a drive. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Last week, 27-year-old Kent Richland of Shelburne was accused of providing alcohol to Norris. Richland said he is innocent.
It wasn't immediately known if Poon had a lawyer.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.