2nd man charged in fatal ATV crashSeptember 18,2013The Associated Press
HINESBURG - A second Vermont man has been accused of providing alcohol to a teenager who was killed in an ATV crash in May.
Police say 27-year-old Patrick Poon of Williston bought alcohol for Clinton Norris, a 16-year-old Champlain Valley Union High School student. Norris was later found unconscious about a half-mile from his home in Hinesburg after taking out the ATV for a drive. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Last week, 27-year-old Kent Richland of Shelburne was accused of providing alcohol to Norris. Richland said he is innocent.
It wasn't immediately known if Poon had a lawyer.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.