Suspected copper thief charged in westside burglariesSeptember 18,2013By Darren Marcy
WEST RUTLAND — Rutland County Sheriff’s deputies nabbed a suspected copper thief in West Rutland early today and they have tied him to at least seven copper thefts in the area.
Sgt. David Fox of the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department said Greg Munukka, 26, of West Rutland jumped out of a window of a vacant home on Smith Street when officers arrived and led them on a foot pursuit before he was caught on Marble Street near the swamp.
Officers are still actively investigating the case and Fox said the tally will climb as they add up the thefts and damages caused by the copper burglaries.
Fox said Munukka will be held overnight and will likely be arraigned Thursday.
He’s currently being held on charges of burglary and unlawful mischief.
“There will probably several counts of each once we get done getting everything tallied up,” Fox said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.