Man denies shooting chargeSeptember 17,2013Man denies
BRATTLEBORO – A 24-year-old Brattleboro man pleaded innocent Monday to charges that he fired a weapon at another Brattleboro man Sunday night.
Reginald Derisne was arrested by Brattleboro police shortly after the incident at Moore Court, a housing development in downtown Brattleboro. No one was hurt in the incident.
Derisne was charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a weapon, reckless endangerment, and driving while under the influence, as well as giving false information to a police officer, and several counts of violating conditions of release from an earlier domestic violence case.
According to court records, Judge Katherine Hayes ordered Derisne held for lack of $75,000 bail, and he was also ordered not to have any contact with his alleged victim.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.