Man denies shooting chargeSeptember 17,2013Man denies
BRATTLEBORO – A 24-year-old Brattleboro man pleaded innocent Monday to charges that he fired a weapon at another Brattleboro man Sunday night.
Reginald Derisne was arrested by Brattleboro police shortly after the incident at Moore Court, a housing development in downtown Brattleboro. No one was hurt in the incident.
Derisne was charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a weapon, reckless endangerment, and driving while under the influence, as well as giving false information to a police officer, and several counts of violating conditions of release from an earlier domestic violence case.
According to court records, Judge Katherine Hayes ordered Derisne held for lack of $75,000 bail, and he was also ordered not to have any contact with his alleged victim.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.