Shooter released without bailSeptember 17,2013Charges denied
in gun incident
A Danby man was released into the custody of his father Monday after he was arraigned on charges related to an event Saturday in which he allegedly fired three shots into the tailgate of a pickup within a foot of his stepfather.
Judge Theresa DiMauro allowed David L. Hall, 27, to be released without bail after pleading innocent on charges of first-degree aggravated domestic assault with a weapon, possession of stolen property, and unlawful mischief.
Deputy State’s Attorney Rosemary Kennedy argued that Hall, who was held in the Rutland jail on $25,000 bail over the weekend, should have some form of bail imposed.
“He’s facing a serious felony,” Kennedy said.
DiMauro released him with a list of conditions including a 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew.
Prosecutors say Hall is accused of showing up at his stepfather and mother’s home, and after getting into a fight with his stepfather, Trevor Davenport, fired three shots into the tailgate of a pickup “less than one foot” away from the victim.
Davenport told officers he snatched the rifle from Hall and broke it against a pillar and then threw Hall to the ground twice before telling him to leave the property.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.