Pittsford man hurt in crashSeptember 17,2013POULTNEY — A Pittsford man was hospitalized following a car crash Monday morning.
State Police said Edward V. Dupont, 18, was driving south on Route 30 when he lost control of his 2001 Toyota Corolla just north of Ward Road.
According to police, Dupont’s car struck a road sign, hit a ditch, was launched through the air and landed on its roof in the front yard of a residence.
Dupont was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center with what police described as a wrist injury. His condition was not immediately available.
Police said the crash was not alcohol-related but it appears speed was a major contributing factor. State Police were assisted at the scene by Castleton Police, Poultney Fire and Poultney Rescue.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.