Cyclist recovering following crashSeptember 17,2013BURLINGTON — A Moretown cyclist is in fair condition after he was struck by a car in Shoreham.
Martin Viet, 35, was listed in fair condition Monday night, according to a spokesman from Fletcher Allen Medical Center.
Viet was one of several bicyclists who had been participating in “Tour De Farm,” a 30-mile ride on Sunday morning, when they were hit by a car on Route 74.
Police said Veit suffered head and internal injuries after he went through the windshield. A 15-year-old girl from Williamstown, Mass., suffered a fractured pelvis.
Police have arrested the driver, 54-year-old Brian Miller of Shoreham.
State Police say there was already a warrant out for Miller after he failed to appear for an unrelated DUI charge.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.