Cyclist recovering following crashSeptember 17,2013BURLINGTON — A Moretown cyclist is in fair condition after he was struck by a car in Shoreham.
Martin Viet, 35, was listed in fair condition Monday night, according to a spokesman from Fletcher Allen Medical Center.
Viet was one of several bicyclists who had been participating in “Tour De Farm,” a 30-mile ride on Sunday morning, when they were hit by a car on Route 74.
Police said Veit suffered head and internal injuries after he went through the windshield. A 15-year-old girl from Williamstown, Mass., suffered a fractured pelvis.
Police have arrested the driver, 54-year-old Brian Miller of Shoreham.
State Police say there was already a warrant out for Miller after he failed to appear for an unrelated DUI charge.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.