Cyclist recovering following crashSeptember 17,2013BURLINGTON — A Moretown cyclist is in fair condition after he was struck by a car in Shoreham.
Martin Viet, 35, was listed in fair condition Monday night, according to a spokesman from Fletcher Allen Medical Center.
Viet was one of several bicyclists who had been participating in “Tour De Farm,” a 30-mile ride on Sunday morning, when they were hit by a car on Route 74.
Police said Veit suffered head and internal injuries after he went through the windshield. A 15-year-old girl from Williamstown, Mass., suffered a fractured pelvis.
Police have arrested the driver, 54-year-old Brian Miller of Shoreham.
State Police say there was already a warrant out for Miller after he failed to appear for an unrelated DUI charge.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.