Vt. Tech ranked 10th among peersSeptember 17,2013The Associated Press
RANDOLPH — Vermont Technical College has been ranked No. 10 among public regional colleges of the North by U.S. News and World Report for the second year in a row.
“The Best Colleges rankings by U.S. News and World Report are an important and respected guide for students and their families,” VTC President Phil Conroy said in a statement. “We are thrilled to be ranked among our nation’s top colleges for another year and hope this continues to develop our position as a leader in applied education.”
According to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, the 367 regional colleges in the ranking focus almost entirely on the undergraduate experience and offer a broad range of programs in the liberal arts like business, nursing and education.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.