Man denies giving
alcohol in crash
HINESBURG ó A Vermont man has been accused of providing alcohol to a teenager who was killed in an ATV crash in May.
Police say Kent Richland, 27, of Shelburne gave alcohol to Clinton Norris, a 16-year-old Champlain Valley Union High School student.
Norris was later found unconscious about a half-mile from his home in Hinesburg after taking out the ATV for a drive. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Richland told the Burlington Free Press he is innocent and that another man supplied the alcohol. He said he has text messages and witnesses to prove it.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation