GMP needs a cow nameSeptember 11,2013Students asked to
name GMP’s cow
Green Mountain Power is offering an ice cream party to the child who wins its “name that cow” contest.
The as-yet-nameless animatronic cow will be on display at GMP’s Energy Innovation Center, which is expected to open this fall on Merchants Row in downtown Rutland.
The 7-foot long, fur-covered machine will — through a series of conversational scripts — discuss how cow manure can be used to generate electricity.
Children 12 and younger can submit names, with an ice cream party for the winner and his or her class at school, or for the family if the child is home-schooled.
Names can be submitted by mail: Cow Name Contest, GMP EIC, 67 Merchants Row, Suite 104, Rutland Vt. 05701, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries should include the suggested cow name, as well as the name, town, age, school name or home school and phone number of the child submitting the suggestion.
Teachers or parents may send entries from multiple children but should identify each child’s entry separately.
The deadline to enter is 5 p.m. Nov. 30.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?