Bicyclists hurt in crashSeptember 09,2013RIPTON — Police said a Massachusetts man on a motorcycle struck a pair of bicycle riders Sunday afternoon.
Police said David A. Green, 55, of Somerville, Mass., was riding west on Route 125 was with a group of motorcyclists when he entered a curve and lost control of his 2013 Victory Judge motorcycle.
According to police, Green laid down the bike and collided with a pair cyclists, who were also part of a larger group riding west.
Police said one of the bicyclists — Jake A. Barker, 19, of Steamboat Springs, Colo. — suffered cuts and a possible fracture to his hand. The other cyclist — Kai Wiggins, 19, of East Greenbush, R.I. — suffered some scrapes and was taken to Porter Medical Center, as was Green, who also suffered scrapes and bruising.
Police said speed contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.