Bicyclists hurt in crashSeptember 09,2013RIPTON — Police said a Massachusetts man on a motorcycle struck a pair of bicycle riders Sunday afternoon.
Police said David A. Green, 55, of Somerville, Mass., was riding west on Route 125 was with a group of motorcyclists when he entered a curve and lost control of his 2013 Victory Judge motorcycle.
According to police, Green laid down the bike and collided with a pair cyclists, who were also part of a larger group riding west.
Police said one of the bicyclists — Jake A. Barker, 19, of Steamboat Springs, Colo. — suffered cuts and a possible fracture to his hand. The other cyclist — Kai Wiggins, 19, of East Greenbush, R.I. — suffered some scrapes and was taken to Porter Medical Center, as was Green, who also suffered scrapes and bruising.
Police said speed contributed to the crash, which remains under investigation.MORE IN This Just InComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation